- The key to reducing rat and mice infestations is to limit their access to both food and shelter within your home and garden.
- Keep your counters clear of food and crumbs.
- Store food in air-tight containers within your pantry.
- Store dry dog food, bird seed and other pet foods in air-tight containers.
- Vacuum regularly (especially under cupboards and refrigerators) to remove crumbs.
- Wipe down benches, sinks & close toilet lids to limit access to water.
- Keep storage areas free of clutter and avoid stacking things on the ground.
- Keep your garden well maintained, lawns regularly mowed and prune any branches that are in contact with the roof or walls of your house.
- Remove any piles of rocks, wood or other debris that may serve as a shelter.
- Pest Response Trying to eliminate rodents from your home can be quite difficult.
- Traps have limited success, must continually be reset & you are stuck with disposing of the bodies of any you may catch.
- Baits and poisons may harm household pets or put young children at risk.
- The best option is to call in the professionals, who will locate hidden nests and provide you with safe and effective treatment options.
Did you know ?
A female house mouse can produce 10 -12 litters each year, each containing as many as 12 pups. That’s a lot of mice!